Saturday 30 June 2018

Assumptions make an ass out of you and me.

I've just had a moment of clarity...it happens from time to time. It's the assumptions that make me act crazy, or rather my anxiety when someone assumes I'm doing something I'm not. When people don't clarify, ask or trust when I say what's going on for me or what I want...those times I actually know what I want. The relentless urge to communicate with them, to know what they are thinking so I can put them right is what I need to let go of. Their faulty thinking is their problem, not mine. For too long those assumptions, projections of another's messed up mind have had a hugely detrimental impact on my life. My family relationships, as well as my relationship with myself, were ruined by my mother's convicted view of me, and my children's lives have been confused by one of their father's sadistic delight in not only sharing his twisted view of me but setting up situations to make him appear correct, so it can and does have serious implications and at those times things have to be put right but when it doesn't matter, when other's judge instead of ask and trust, especially after doing the legwork and clarifying what they are thinking and letting them know whether they are correct in their assumptions or not, I need to walk away. Why would we want to have close connections with people who perpetually assume, judge and taint us with their blackened used up brushes? The answer is probably one of familiarity but with greater understanding comes freedom. And I understand..... ....and I ain't no ass. ;) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.