Friday 31 January 2020

Jack Johnson - The Upsetter

An unexpected consequence to reconnecting with my authentic self is how I have found the ability to recognise and stop the natter in my head determined to upset my day, anything that is going right for me. I'm no longer suppressing the emotion but witnessing and putting an end to what doesn't work for me entirely. These voices have been the heavy baggage that's held me back my whole life despite facing the fears, the weight has been draining, preventing full expression of joy, excitement and enthusiasm as well as anxiety and nervousness. The dread I would feel at the end of every day was repressed, too big a black hole I believed to dare enter but now re-experienced I see it for what it is and always has been....not mine but the messages I received from a very frightened mother and passive father who just wanted a peaceful life at the expense of a functional family. Mine is the freedom to decide what thoughts will occupy my mind and I choose to understand, an open mind to learn all I can about the wheres and wherefores of life and feel all that comes with every adventure, no more hiding. This is the independence I shall be celebrating today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.