Thursday 23 May 2019

The love I give is mine to keep.

I resent all that you are, all you leave me solitary...all that I am abandoned. In your easiness you create difficulty. In my toil, I am found wanting and worn. You sleep, I walk a path not fit for child nor woman. No more ripping out my heart in kind love for you, no more neglect.
A repeated story, replicated, duplicated until erudite. The chain in my link, my connection to another in parallel likeness, a homecoming bringing back to the start, to the death of my life before begun with a father's single minded hand to be free, a facile life for him, a closing that must be revived to undertake again. The end of his life, an emergence of mine. Fifteen years more since mourning undid, incomplete, stilted in resolute force to break free from dominance, control...the teaching you gave to capitulate, concede for the peace of you I too adored, coveted I give to all. Freedom is, always mine to choose, I reclaim my being, my tenderness, embrace myself complete. No more appealing, no more sanctioning an easy life for you. This hour is achieved, reached in quest of reposeful destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.