Wednesday 1 May 2019

This day glorious

I spoke my tale and told it well, I hasten to say. Rarely if at all do I speak of this faithless illness and my life of strife with anyone other than close friends and family but this morning I spoke in confidence and with clarity...took me aback to have been so forthcoming with a friend I've been quite mysterious but needs must and the time was rife to pack all illusions and fantasies away. And the listener heard and understood, understood my life's battle as I described in tormented detail how I got where I am today with no hint of pity, I hope shared strength, determination and resolve to make a better life, always to make a better life no matter what befalls shone through his dimmed but warming light.
I spoke my aims to return a healthier lifestyle I was robbed through extraordinary curse, to hold dear a friend I value with or without beleaguered benefits and learned his conflicted nature. No longer confused, no more angst, just freedom to be me, him to be he. Today I celebrate having unsuspectingly taken the path presented and led one month less of a year ago. Slow and steady may win the fabled race but this hared hare got to the place of assured rest first. Sometimes we follow what feels right even if we don't know why only for all to make sense at the precipice, at the point of stepping off...ready for a path scattered with sweet saviour, my path strayed and lost to another's and another's until finally found. I am, at last, my darlings, homeward bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.