Friday 26 June 2020

Mirrors.

What role am I cast in the story you tell? How altered my narrative to fit? Am I cruel for letting go not to be lost in your diminished glow? Devalued, cast aside, still I refute your game of seek and hide. Steadfast, honest I remain, how hard it must be to view me in your name. Pushed against a wall of shame, deny your pain of yesteryear. I know what you do, you see, how once I too was much the same. Woken in reminders of me, I witnessed a part I played. How hard it must have been for the others to be stabbed with my deflecting stake.
Defended, fallen in counterattack, provoked to suit memories too old, yet innocently projected we are opportune, provided a way back. I stand unguarded outside your blockade, ready to end this tirade. I have nowhere left to run, will you open the door, let me to your aid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.