Friday 26 June 2020

Sobering realities of other people's denial.

Lost in a hangover of negativity, everything that was right yesterday now feels laden with foreboding. Sucked into a world not belonging to me, denied connections yet dragged down with them all the same. On the surface, all appears light and laughter, buried deep with intoxication and edible avoidance lay resentment, grief and bitter desire for vengeance.
I felt it all and adopted as my own. I don't know why I didn't leave, again the child too fearful to walk and face the condemnation of being the killer of fun, theirs not mine. Echos of "what's wrong with you?" are once again ringing in my ears. I meant to stay away and would have if not invited under innocently false pretences. Once there it felt there was no escape. Back safely at home, I shall not be going back, of that I am surely resolute. Now to rid myself of the other's anguish and start MY day anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.