Monday 24 August 2020

Avoid problems and you'll never be the one who overcame them.

When someone avoids dealing with a situation it invariably falls upon another to take responsibility even when apart. Would I rather be the one who buries her head so I don't have to deal with the fallout when it comes knocking? Hell yeah. For too long I've been left to clean up the mess others leave behind so as to make life easier for themselves. But also invariably, denying there's a problem to be resolved leaves one feeling weak, lonely and constantly frustrated so would I really want to avoid facing difficult situations...no, not at all.
What I would like however is to no longer have dealings with those who avoid even if in close contact I have grown exponentially, ultimately at the other's expense as well as my own as I avoided taking responsibility for my own wellbeing. It's been opportunity that's come knocking, a chance to learn from past mistakes. I'm ready now, no more the need to be the fixer. A need I both instinctively and was asked to take on albeit resentfully for the love of a father. The price has been too high. From now on I shall be expressing an emphatic "no" at first sight of the buck being passed to me. The love paid in return is no love I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.