Monday 24 August 2020

Sharing is caring.

Clocking in for my night time shift of worry and doubt. The darkest hour looms ever greater when thoughts steal and burn. The state of the world, the division, segregation, with no support system where will I turn? I know now what keeps me awake at night, the dreams that lead me to the worst of my anxiety at a time when I need more certainty. Threatened with illness, loss of home and income, I dread having no security. I often turn to fantasy the closer I come to possible reality, it's the only way I escape when gripped with fear. Working hard toward better health, understanding, independence, what it's worth when all can be lost in a year? Don't tell me to stay positive, calm and not to worry, you've never walked in my shoes. I don't need medication to help me sleep, tips on how to live a better way, I need to live in a society that cares about these issues. Daylight will come and I'll still be here, the world will feel much different but I'll have the same view. I'll have the same worry I can easily bury amongst the chores, my books and with hope alone in decorated hues. There are ways to save this desperate globe, those of us who live life closer to the bone know. Mine isn't the worst, I'm resourceful, I just don't want to do again what I've already faced, overcome another harrowed tomorrow. I look forward to the fall of this state, high rises in unemployment to enable corporate reduction of wage. The landlord's increases in rent, inflation high if only to witness more people arriving with rage. What a terrible thing to hope, the demise of a nation, selfish it may seem and centred around me. But if this is what it takes to improve what we have, to care at last even if for the self to heal the cuts then I am this she. Nothing will change unless we come together in unity to overthrow the corrupt. In revolution, there's blood, war and loss but without there's worse. We need a new world order before they make one for us.
I ask in this sleepless hour, will you join the fight? Will you give more of yourself than words of comfort and charity? It's tough I know to face what's happening when in your life all's well when hidden from harsh clarity. It's a balancing act you see, one can not have more without another losing it all. It doesn't have to be this way. Parent's once taught us to share, what happened to that? How did that get lost in an adult's normal day? Help me sleep, help another off the street, help children grow in safety, well fed with a future to look forward to. Help another look up to see what we have done, what we can do to improve what we help torpedo. In this long goodnight, I bid adieu for to dream I must pursue of something sweeter, lesser in burden. Because the closer I come out of denial the nearer I am to you, you to me are my life as my life is to you seems downtrodden. No upbeat note to end this nightmarish spiel, to raise spirits from the dank. We are not imbeciles to pity, to appease. We are capable of more. Again, will you reconsider your stance and come join the revolutionary ranks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.