Monday 24 August 2020

Time moves on without you.

They seem like strangers to me now, those people who've kept far more than six feet yet lay claim to be friends. I walked past without a glance, much to their annoyance as if belonging I seem to them.
What manner of folk thinks when they've not spoke, no utterance of words after mine, when times have been so strange, knowing they've left me adrift I would welcome them as if nothing has changed? I saw value in them, their worth to me great. Perhaps too much I gave credit where in due course misplaced. I don't know who they are but in time, with distance, I have at least learned I'm easily replaced. From doors shut where I left ajar, the light is fading away, another hinge shifts into view the chance to make friends again. One glance, one chance, more interest was shown than all the years I knew them. Slow and steady become my pace where once rushed, in haste, I was lost in every race. I can wait as long as it takes for in catching up with myself I know I shall be met with the worth I see behind their face. It may not be this time or the next, or it might. In shifting perspective I now feel what I knew was alright. He reminds me of them, darker in colour but very much friendlier, and disclosing at first sight. Not a distraction, I've faced the grave and alone moved on, not onto another but resolving my baggage I will not drag or heap onto the other, I am free to explore with caution this time but in hiding no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.